Monday, November 5, 2012

C25K - week 5 day 3

I am all over the place with this C25K program. I could have jumped ahead to week 6 but I really wanted the 20 minute run today (no intervals) and I'm really glad I did it. I was slow (10:47/mile) but it didn't matter, I did it. I haven't run 20 minutes without a walk break in a long time...like I think 2011...mind you I ran a half marathon about a year ago, but still.

I'm excited to be running again and that was the main reason I did this C25K program, to find my passion with running again! I will admit that my shins started to be sore and I think I need to invest in a new pair of shoes, but overall it was great. My 5k is this weekend and even though I may end up walking a bit of it, I'm going to be in much better shape for it than I thought.

Even after my 5k this weekend I think I'm going to finish out the C25K program because it's motivating. I like hearing the little computer voice tell me good things. I think I might even do the 10k program since, well, I've got my mojo back baby, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment