Tuesday, November 13, 2012

First real 5k of 2012

I'm a bit late posting this, but I did run a 5k this past weekend. Mostly ran. I've been sick since last week so I wasn't even sure if I was going to run. I was feeling better on Saturday morning so my husband and I went out to the suburbs for this race. The problem was it was colder in the suburbs, and we had to wait over an hour since they got a late start. By the time we started running, I was feeling sick again.

We went off and after a mile and a half or so, I needed to walk. I wasn't able to breath anymore so we walked for 1-2 minutes and ran again. That happened another 2 times and I was beating myself up for not being able to run the entire race. My husband is amazing and kept reminding me to get out of my head...I was sick. Then we found out we only had a half mile to go...that's all we needed to run the rest of the way.

My husband grabbed my hand and we increased our pace to the finish line. We finished in 32 minutes...even with the walking. Not bad for a sick return to racing...now to keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment