Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Magical sheets

Never underestimate the magical power of clean sheets. I forget about that magic quite frequently and the bf and I do not change our sheets nearly enough. I think one should change sheets weekly, but I don't think we've been keeping up with that goal.

I believe it is because of our wonderful clean sheets that I was able to have a great nights sleep. I woke up once around 4:30 and told myself 90 more minutes before it was time to wake up and go for a run. When the alarm clock went off, I felt rested!

I was out the door for my run by 6:20 and did a nice little stretch and warm up, then off for about 3 miles. The weather was amazing. 70 degrees, sun was not pounding down yet, wind out of the west (so I went in that direction first) I'd say about 10-15mph but it felt refreshing. I did get hung up at a couple of lights and jogged in place but kept the garmin going. My total time was just under 32 minutes and total mileage 3.1 miles. I do believe that I was closer to being under 31 minutes, but will say I was at a 10:15 pace for the time being.

I am getting more confident in my runs and know that my pace will return eventually, but right now it is about endurance and consistency. I do prefer morning runs to evening runs because the air feels cleaner and there is less traffic (foot and car) so it is more enjoyable and less judgmental.

I am hopeful to do my 4 mile run tomorrow morning as well. I think something that will help is trying to fix the calorie issue I'm having right now. Yesterday was a major fail...I was at about 600 calories until 9 at night. The thing is, I'm eating lots of good food, they are just very low in calories. I also knew that we were having frozen pizza for dinner so I may have been trying to save up for that. Regardless, laundry took longer than expected so dinner was not until 9, and then I really wasn't hungry but ate my slices anyway. I think that if I eat better during the day today and earlier and healthier dinner tonight, I will have more energy for the 4 miler in the morning tomorrow.

I am really happy with my progress so far and hope to continue with this optimism. The bf and I have decided to go away this weekend so this weekend's run will be in the country, that makes me very happy as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment