Thursday, August 19, 2010

Busy busy busy

Sorry I have not been keeping up to date with the running logs.

My body is achy, it's a good ache, but it's achy. I also found that three days in a row of running when you have not been consistently running, it can make you a little extra achy. Also note don't be a moron like me and then decide to wear heels to work...that's just crazy (especially on fire drill day).

I have been keeping up with running in the morning before work all this week (Tue, Wed, Thur) though I did oversleep a bit this morning (that might have more to do with today being day 10 in a row at work).

Yesterday I felt great on the run and actually ran over. I had a good pace going too (though slow) and just overall felt that things were going great. I had wanted to do yoga post walk home but the bf was working out, and running 4.25 miles in the morning and walking 1.5 miles home after work is enough working out for a day I suppose.

Today, as I mentioned, I overslept slightly. I still went running in the morning and was glad that I did. Today was just 3 miles, and I went about 3.1 (just under). My back is kind of the most achy, my hips a little, but really it's not that bad.

I remember the first time I was in training for anything I just didn't know the best approach and just went running for 30-45 minutes a day. I think I skipped a few days, but just went most days. I'm glad I know now to only go about 4 days a week for runs, especially when you haven't been consistent. I will admit, now that I'm back into a routine of running, I can see myself returning to a 5 or 6 days a week running habit...there are worse things in life.

Post this half marathon I already know I'm running my normal Turkey Trot, but the 5 or the 10k...that is now that question. And the other question...do I run the 16 miler in January? I'm going to be wondering that after the half though, no reason to worry now.

Things that I'm realizing as training is happening:
I need more running clothes
- new and more sports bras
- more running capri pants (I'm not big into shorts)
- more socks that work well
- more headbands

If I keep going with what I have, I need to do laundry weekly and sometimes I like going every other week. I also believe that I will need more winter running clothes since, well, I think I'm hooked on running again kids :)

I do want to go for a long bike ride, but that will have to wait until next weekend as we're going way up north this weekend. I can't wait for a 4 mile run out in the country, that just makes me so happy.

Anyway...must look into new clothes, continue to push forward with my am workouts...and I still have to walk home tonight and the lift (run & strength day). I'm really happy with my decision so far, over a week later!

No comments:

Post a Comment