Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A country run, a city run

On Saturday we were up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (da U.P.) visiting the bf's family. It was a great weekend. We got up on Saturday morning and went on a lovely little trail for the 4 mile run. The bf is a faster runner than I am so he pushes me a bit. I was able to keep my pace up and we were pretty even with our pace (9:40, 10:01, 10:03, 9:50) and it was so good to be out in the fresh air running. We saw some wildlife (blue jays, chipmunks, other birds) and just enjoyed being out there.

This morning it was back to my morning running routine. 4 miles for me this morning as well but city run this time. I don't know my splits, but I know that I'm back to being just under a 10 minute pace. This makes me very happy as I like being under the 10 minute marker for some reason, don't know why. The run this morning put me in a great mood and I'm beginning to wonder if I should add some short runs on my "off" days of Monday and Friday. I mean, Monday is strength day and Friday is "off" but I tend to walk home each of those days...but maybe a quick short run in the morning to start off the day...hold off for now.

Tomorrow is 3 or 3.5 I believe and 3 miles on Thursday plus strength...I did do my strength workout yesterday after walking home which helped me feel better. I'm looking forward to the walk home tonight as it really helps me calm down at the end of the day. So tonight...walk home, laundry I believe, and then spending time with the bf.

As an aside, I have listened to the bf and I am eating more...I was not consuming enough to keep up with the training (I was averaging about 1400 daily) so I'm trying to up my intake to 1700 especially on running days. And, I am promising not to measure as much (ok honey) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment