Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lollapalooza, Day 2

I think that once you turn 30 your body really does change. It's day 2 of Lollapalooza and my body aches more than I remember it aching last year. I've drank less alcohol, more water, rested a bit more, but I have been walking a hell of a lot.

The bf and I bought a pedometer today just to see...6.25 miles of walking to train for Lolla, walking around Lolla, and walking from Lolla back to the train.

We started the day by cleaning up the house and then running errands. My suggestion to those who go to Lolla in the future, just keep the day for Lolla, nothing else. Also, we're happy we did not ride today, one day was enough...this year :)

Today's lineup included some of the best shows I've seen, perhaps ever.
  • Blues Traveler
  • The Verve Pipe (on the kids stage playing their family friendly music) :)
  • Stars
  • The XX
  • PerryEtty vs. Chris Cox - dj set
  • Gogol Bordello - AWESOME show!!! Danced so hard had so much fun
  • AFI
  • Social Distortion - again, freaking sweet
  • Kaskade - dj set
  • Slightly Stoopid - nice find
  • Green Day - a-freaking-mazing...but we had to split up the set. The really get into the show, bring up fans, fireworks, just freaking awesome
  • Phoenix - good times

Yup, that's 12...12...we walked a bunch, danced lots, but did manage to sit a bit as well. A great day, though tiring.

I am sorry that we missed out on a wedding shower and a bachelor and bachelorette party...but we've been planning for Lolla since last years Lolla.

Tomorrow will be another long day, thankfully we both took Monday off to relax. More to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment