Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hot yoga!

Holy cow. Hot yoga is incredible. Hot yoga at TruHarmony Yoga kicked my butt! I went and did a Yoga Scuplt and Bootcamp tonight. It's in 95 degrees, it was 75 minutes long, and I feel amazing. I have never sweat so much in my life, I swear. At the end, I felt incredible, so healthy, so fresh. As my instructor said, "I shed a lot of layers" in that class.

I'm so excited to go back and try again, just this time bringing a beach towel with me.

At one point I was doing downward dog and my feet slipped since my mat was so drenched and my feet were so wet...I took that as a sign to go into childs pose. I was happy with how well I kept up, and really impressed with how I felt afterwards. I think this is going to become addictive quickly.

My advise to anyone going to a hot yoga class:
Bring a mat
Bring a beach towel
Bring a big bottle of water
Listen to your body
Bring a change of clothes afterwards
Not sure if a bootcamp is the best first hot yoga class to do, but it was amazing!

Hopefully I'll be ok to run in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment