Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hot & Sticky, yet inspiring

This morning was a hot, humid mid September morning. I don't know how high the humidity was, but I know that by mile 2 I was drenched and feeling dehydrated. Something you do not want to feel 2 miles into a 4.5 mile run, dehydrated.

How would I fix this next time? Always remember to have at least a few sips of water before going out for a morning run. Potentially bring water with you on a hot morning run as well.

I've noticed I've been lazy about bringing water with me. I have a fuel belt so it's not as though it's difficult for me to bring it, I just don't for some reason.

At the end of the run I realized that I really do want to start doing a race or two. October 2 is that date. I was scheduled to run 8 miles, instead I'm going to complete a 10k race (6.2 miles). I am running the AIDS Run & Walk 10K.

Anyone feel like donating to a great cause? Go here:
http://afc.aidschicago.org/netcommunity/flobear100

It's good to give when you're doing something that you love...especially a great cause like the AIDS Foundation of Chicago.

The next step is to officially register for the half marathon, something I plan to do later this week. I'm happy that I'm able to get up and run in the morning. I'm happy that I get inspired to run after work at night. I still don't know if I'm a morning or an evening runner, perhaps that makes me both :)

For now though, I need to stretch some more and drink more water...but the pizza I had for lunch was well deserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment