Wednesday, September 15, 2010

After one week off

So because I was sick last week, and had an important wedding to attend (my boyfriend's sister's wedding), I did not run last week. It was a light week of running, so I decided it wasn't too bad of a decision.

Last night I went out for my schedule 4 mile run. It, was, fan-tas-tic! I had the wrong pants on which will cause a problem for this evenings run, but whatever, I'll deal.

4 miles, most of it on the lake, just lovely. I was very consistent and I felt great. Today my legs are slightly sore and I think after running today and once more tomorrow, my legs are going to be dead on Friday...so long as they heal up for Saturday it'll be fine.

I still have not actually signed up for this race yet, I'm thinking after I get paid on Friday I'll just do it. I think I'm pretty much ready.

One word to the wise...wash all new running clothes before you run in them. Also...when you try them on in the store, run in place a little bit...my thighs did not like these new pants, but hopefully they will get worn in quickly.

Also...missing one week of training will not kill you and it can make you mentally stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment