Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rainy start

I opted for a triple workout yesterday...triple if you count my walk home a workout.

4 mile run in the morning
1.5 mile walk home
30 minute cardio & strength workout (Gilad)

In light of the extra workout yesterday, I understand why my training schedule says to do the run and strength workout the day before a rest day. My body was dead this morning. I'm sure the rain outside had some impact on that as well, but for sure the extra workout did some (good) damage.

I've brought everything with me to run home this evening though...something I haven't done here yet. Yes, it's 1.5 miles home, so I'll add onto the run down here a bit, but still, should be a good run and possibly still raining out.

I do love running in the rain, but it's hard to start the day off running in the rain. I rather end the day running in the rain, unless it's a long run on the weekend, or a race, then it's fine to start the day with.

I think it's just the thought of going to work after working out in the rain...I'm weird, I understand and accept this.

On a side note, I think I need to identify what's going on in my brain. I seem to be turning into a cynical individual rather than my positive, cheery disposition individual that I adore. I need to work on this and see what is going on. It may be some of the thing occurring at my place of work, or the attitude of the individuals I spend time with at work...or perhaps my own self questioning and thinking since I've gone from no free time to all free time...something to ponder indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment