Thursday, September 16, 2010

4.5 at a 9:38 pace

Well I found (or perhaps refound) the secret...stop thinking, just go how you feel. I figured out my route earlier in the day and lucky for me, it was into the wind first. I started off feeling pretty strong, and I just went with it. Yes, I stopped at 4 lights, but not for long and ran in place.

I ran how I felt, I did not look at my time, and only checked my distance twice before I was near the end. I checked near the end to make sure I had enough distance. I ended a 4.5 mile run in 43:17, I was really pleased with myself. This week, even with sore legs, I'm getting stronger and just going with it. I'm really looking forward to the 8 miles on Saturday...after that I think I'll officially sign up for the race and not just keep thinking about signing up for the race.

I still haven't decided if I'm a morning or an evening runner, but I've been running for 7 years and I always seem to alternate...hell I even did afternoon lunch runs for a couple of years.

So my secret discovery is to just run how I feel...yes eventually I'll go back to planned runs with intervals and sprints and easy etc, but now it's just go how I feel, but hit the distances I need to hit.

I felt so good when I came home that I decided to do a little bit of strength, just biceps and triceps, but still, that was great.

OK, now, relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment