Saturday, October 2, 2010

The return to racing

What a morning!

Weather:
Cloudy
Light rain
46-50 degrees
15-30mph winds (gusts to 40mph)
Peaks of sun

Race:
Disorganized
5 & 10k started at the same time, on a sidewalk
There was another walk occurring at the same place at the same time
The race took place on the lakefront path

Overall:
I'm very happy I did this race. The first mile and a half were frustrating with too many people in too tight of a space. Once the 5k people turned it was great until we hit the end. The end the walkers and the 10ker's were all together so I tried to sprint to the end and that just wasn't working too well.

This race was for a great cause, and that's how I'm viewing it. I had fun going back to racing, and I'm looking forward to the half marathon later this month. I'm also happy I was able to raise so much money for the cause!

Now off to celebrate my return to racing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment