Sunday, October 17, 2010

Creating my lifestyle

I've realized recently that I feel rushed so much of the time. I don't really do the things that I want to as much as I should..at least in a day to day sort of thing.

For example, this morning I made coffee and I am now enjoying it slowly. I don't have it in a travel mug to drink on my way out the door, I'm enjoying it at home. I also have not turned on the TV and I hope to knit in a bit before we decide if we are going to the Bears game or not.

Don't get me wrong, I love many of the things I get to do, but I feel as though I'm obligated and rush through things, rather than enjoy the little things.

We had to say good bye to our dog this week. I say our dog because my boyfriend and his dog viewed me as a part of the family. I knew him for a little less than two and a half years. My boyfriend had him since he was a pup, and his life was too short at 8 and a half years.

I'm reminded how there are things in life that we always feel must be done, and we put off what we'd like to do because of that. I'm going to make a conscious effort to have a good mixture of those things.

I haven't been running in a week, and I'm ok with that. I have 2 weeks until the half marathon, and I'll run again this week, but I'll run distances I feel, not what's planned. I want to cook this week, and make things that are healthy and delicious. Last night I made venison stew and some fresh butternut squash soup. Do you know how easy and simple those dishes were? Very few ingredients and so flavorful.

Going to Vermont last weekend may have given me this bug to be more natural again and do take the time to do the things that you enjoy. I hope that I'm able to make it stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment