Sunday, October 31, 2010

The half marathon

What a wonderful day for a half marathon. Low to mid 40s, slight wind for the first half of the race, well organized, lots of costumes. The race was a bit long (about 13.5 instead of 13.1) but there were lots of changes the race organizers needed to do (like redoing the entire course with about 12 hours to go).

My time is more than I wanted (2:21:23), but take off about 5 minutes due to the length and it's near where I figured. My placement overall makes me happy...the results:

Overall: 1565/2405
Female: 846/1470
Female 30-34: 179/307

For a first time race they did a GREAT job. Nice belt buckle as a medal, nice shirt, hat...but mostly it was just a great day for a race. The people were great, the course was great, it reminded me why I run long distance...but I don't know when I'll run my next long race.

No comments:

Post a Comment