Monday, October 4, 2010

Back to basics

I knew I was going to have a rough day at work today, so I decided to run after work. I brought all of my running gear and headed out after work.

Pretty much all of my runs this week are 5 miles. I'm supposed to run 12 on Friday night, but I've already decided I don't think it will happen. Instead, I'm going to try and run as far as possible in Vermont on Sunday. Initially that was going to be a 5 miler, but I'm just going to go as far as I feel like going (and still make it to my brother's wedding reception on time).

Today's run, however, was a perfect fall run. Some clouds, some sun, 55 degrees, slight wind, leaves starting to change, not too many people out...I ran as I felt, which happened to be right at a 10 minute pace. 5 miles in 50 minutes, worked for me!

We'll see how I feel tomorrow morning, I'm planning on doing yoga or strength tomorrow morning, but hell if I feel like running I will...otherwise, next run is Wednesday.

On a side note, I haven't been very hungry the past few days. I was worried that my run was going to be effected because of this. It was not. Apparently when I listen to my body in terms of what and when to eat, it really does tell me what it needs. I may be able to lose some weight after all :)

Less than one month until the half marathon! I don't know what I will talk about after that...perhaps yoga?

No comments:

Post a Comment