Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Is it really that bad?

I haven't worked two jobs in a long time, like 4 or 5 years. I went into grad school the fall of 2007 which is kind of like working two jobs, but not really. Being in this working a full time job with a part time internship (along with school) is taking it's toll on me, and I'm only 2 months into it. But hey, I've got over 100 of the 700 hours I need so that's good, right?

It was hard interning two nights a week, after work, along with one night of school after work. Those days I'd work 8:30-5 (pretty much straight), commute, intern 6-9 or 6-10 and commute home. Saturday's I gave up because I need to work with someone so instead of interning 8-2 like I had initially hoped, I'm interning 12-6 on Saturday's. That does give me some time in the morning to sleep in, do laundry, or go to the chiropractor, and it gives me Saturday nights free to relax and do whatever...and Sunday's to have fun or do homework, or clean.

Not anymore.

Now, I am interning Saturday & Sunday. My goal is Saturday 12-6 and Sunday 8-12 so that I can still mostly have my Sunday...of course I have a race coming up so I won't be interning until noon on that day...you know, run a 5k, get some food, shower, intern for 4-5 hours. Then there's my birthday on a Sunday which I do not want to work...which I may have to fight for...oh and the Bears game that the bf bought me tickets to back in July...but I'll find a way to make it through...it's only about a month with no days off, then another few weeks without a day off. Hopefully by January we'll be able to change the schedule up again so that I won't have to work 7 days a week.

What is it about working 7 days a week that is so bothersome to me? If I ever become a parent I'm never going to have a day off, I'm always going to be working on something. Why does it bother me now?

No comments:

Post a Comment