Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Give me your tired

So again I'm having a hard time waking up in the morning...but it's not the waking up part, it's the getting out of bed part. This morning for example, I was ready at 630 but stayed in bed until 715. This must change. JW was very clear that I am allowed to leave the bed if he is still sleeping (thanks honey).

Week one of no days off worked quite well I must admit. I feel as though the Sat, Sun, Mon routine is really good. I get to see some of the same people and get in a few sessions with them. My supervisor at the internship wants me to get really good at one aspect (hx) and then start do more in depth work...that's really what I want to do. I hope it all works out.

Upcoming things that I need to prep for...November 22, 5k race. I haven't run in about 1.5 weeks I think...so tomorrow I will run home from work and Friday I hope to get in a run after work. Sunday should be beautiful so perhaps a run post internship then...or even a run home from internship (though I'm not sure I can get 5 miles in right now).

Laura G leaves for Argentina today...bon voyage my dear! You'll still be reading this blog so I'm sure you'll be all excited to have a shout out. She'll be back once Chicago becomes warmer again.

Oh and observations...since that is what this blog is supposed to be about. I've observed that people who take the el, in general, are more "normal" than people on the bus. I've been taking both modes of transportation for a while now and truly the bus people are more interesting than the el people. That is not to say that unique characters are not on the el, but the bus seems to have a higher proportion of them. For example, Monday night I am knitting on the el and this woman (who I could smell the alcohol on her breath) had been calling her children and yelling about her $200 phone that she kept dropping. After a few of those phone calls she looks at me and my knitting and tells me what I'm doing is beautiful. She then asks to touch the scarf I'm knitting and goes on and on about how women don't do this anymore, etc. I tried to mention I've seen some people but that was just pointless. Luckily she was almost at her stop so this discussion about my knitting did not last long. She did get teary-eyed talking about my knitting and how it reminded her of her mother, who she was going to see and gave me way too much history...but still, that happens more on the bus than the el.

Oh, public transportation...how you are an interesting storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment