Friday, November 20, 2009

Really?

So I don't check my balances enough, I'm aware of this. But it used to make me so depressed to see how little money I had in there, so I lived within my means, would splurge every now and then, but mostly behave.

Last night there was a discussion of finances which made me think of checking my balances. That and I received a notice of a new bill that I needed to pay. I went to check my checking balance and saw about double what I was expecting to see. "What did I forget to pay" was my first though.

Why is it when you actually are saving money your initial instinct is that you forgot to pay something? Really my only expense has been cigarettes (yes I know I should quit, I want to quit eventually, we will not discuss my nasty habit right now).

Back to what I was saying. I frantically looked at what I've paid this month, everything was accounted for. I then moved some money into Savings, realized that I can do a bit more Christmas shopping than I thought, increased the amount that I'm paying back on my student loans by $35.

I figure after the holiday's, if I still have this extra cash around, I'll make a big payment to one of my CC's.

I guess dropping my rent by two hundred dollars for a few months adds up quickly...well, not really two hundred since I have a storage unit I'm paying for, but still, an extra hundred a month can add up pretty quick. Guess I might be able to get out of debt sooner than I thought...how unAmerican of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment