Sunday, October 4, 2009

Can you take my picture?

So today was my come back race and it was a perfect day for it. Upper 40s/lower 50s, sun, slight breeze (well it was a bit breezy) and just a great day to be back racing. My plan was to run at a comfortable pace and not worry about my time, just try to be consistent. I was...9:30 pace which was hard to do (9 minutes the first mile and no clue about 2 and 3).

After the race a bunch of us met up, 8 to be exact. I had my camera in my bag (gear check) and wanted to get a group shot. Well, we were standing right next to the gear check line, so I went up to a woman and asked if she could take our picture. She looked at me, said no, then looked away. The person standing with her saw I was shocked and he responded, "I suppose I can" but was not very pleased about it. I didn't know what to do so gave him my camera and said thank you.

So, um, people say no when you ask them to take a picture? I mean, I would never ask someone who looked like they were in a rush...but really? You're standing in a line that's not moving as you try to get your gear.

Is this something that has happened previously, to anyone? Is this a new trend that I haven't experienced yet? Is this something that, well, is becoming common place in our society? It takes 30 seconds out of your day...if that.

I'm still shocked at this, and really could not believe it happened. I suppose I should stop being shocked by the responses of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment