Thursday, October 15, 2009

Excuse you!

This morning I noticed lots of rude behavior on the el that I would like to expose here, in my venting blog. We'll call them observations though.

Rude lady - I stand a few steps back from the edge of the platform of the el for safety reasons. I had been standing there for a few minutes waiting for the train to come. Along comes a lady and steps right in front of me. There is plenty of room to either side of me, behind me, etc. She just stood right in front of me. Then, the train comes, and she jumps in front of everyone else who had been waiting before her. Not only that, she doesn't step out of the way for the people getting off of the train, and then STOPS right where she wanted to stand, not allowing others in without pushing.

Rude man - It's a crowded rush hour train. There is not much room on the blueline by the time you hit Division/Chicago/Grand area. Everyone squeezes in and finds as much room as they can. Please do your best to not FART! And if you let one slip, I can understand, but man...5 silent but deadly farts in the amount of time it takes from Division to Clark & Lake? Really? That's about 5 minutes...it seemed as though the moment the smell went away, he let another one go.

I admit, I was more offended by the smell of the farts than I was by the rude woman. I don't blame the man as much as I do the woman though.

I just wish people could be a bit more considerate of others, especially on the morning commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment