Monday, October 26, 2009

Anxiety - crud

I noticed this past weekend that my anxiety has increased dramatically. Both on Saturday & Sunday nights I had random panic attacks that showed up out of no where. I had enough sense in me to slow my breathing, remind myself everything is ok, and just talk myself out of them. It never got "too" bad, but it was bad enough to remind me of how bad they can get.

The only thing I can figure that could trigger such a response would be the haunted house I went to. I really enjoyed the haunted house, and they are meant to increase one's anxiety. I was pretty calm throughout the haunted house, so I'm not sure if that really did trigger it.

My other thoughts are my sleeping habits, and general maintenance habits. I'm working hard at getting these habits back on track, but it's a slow process.

Only other option is that the chiropractor is fixing my back & neck and I've noticed physical changes because of it, perhaps that has something to do with my anxiety as well?

I don't know what the trigger was, but I do plan on taking steps to identify and fix it. But, as a true scientist, I can only check one thing at a time to ensure that I am not identifying the incorrect cause. So I'm starting with sleep schedule. I'm working very hard to be in bed by 10:30 and up by 6:30. I managed to do so last night, however, I made the conscious choice to stay in bed until 7 this morning (ok, 7:08). That was my choice though, unlike last week.

If sleep doesn't work, I'll identify a new area to pick. I need to give each choice at least a week to test it though. And document, document, document (and why am I not going into experimental psychology?)

No comments:

Post a Comment