Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New shoes!!!

I have very few free nights in any given week. This week, however, I did have a free night that I took advantage of!

I like running home on Tuesday nights, it really helps me calm down from the day. Last night was windy as anything out (up to 50mph gusts!) and I ran the 3-3.5 miles home from work. It really felt good. When I got home, the bf had water for me right away, I jumped in the shower and then it was time to go SHOE SHOPPING!

We headed up to DSW and spent a good hour going up and down the aisles. I was having a hard time finding exactly what I was looking for (brown, that's what I wanted, brown). After the bf found a pair for himself (really nice shoes that were on sale!) we went looking for brown shoes for me. We found a pair (and I'm wearing them today). They are really quite comfortable, a bigger heal than I'm used to but it's a thick heal so stable. They're kind of like oxfords but with a heal. They are shiny brown shoes, but not overly shiny. I like them a lot.

The thing was, there were so many boots that I really, really wanted to find a pair of boots as well. I have a pair of black boots, so I was looking for brown boots or even gray boots. After trying on a good 20 pair (I kid you not) we found the most comfortable, awesome looking boots in the store. They are Nine West, suade, brown, up to my knee, scrunchy...they are amazingly comfortable and amazingly awesome.

The bf thought I was going to wear those today, but I have a bunch of walking to do tonight so I figured the new shoes would be better than the new boots. I will be wearing the new boots on Friday if not tomorrow and Friday...they are so awesome.

After shoe shopping for an hour, we drove around looking for food. I really wanted to do something nice for the bf and going out to dinner seemed like a nice idea...only the problem is neither of us had a craving, well no...he had a craving for Wendy's but decided not to have it. Instead we heated up some chili and that ended up being a really good plan! I do hope that I can take him out to dinner one of these nights though...for tapas, yes, mmm, tapas.

So NEW SHOES!

No comments:

Post a Comment