Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A call for help - reposting from LJ

I'm curious as to any thoughts the random people who read my blog have for me to adjust my schedule so that I can have more energy, get more workouts in, and get better sleep. Plus, eat better. Below is my schedule, I'd love any input.

Sunday - my day of rest. I tend to go for a run in the morning, do some cleaning, watch football, go to the grocery store, and cook. Plus I do homework if I need to.
Monday - I work from 8:30-5, jump on the el, intern from 6-9ish, jump on the el to the bus, get home by 10, relax for a few, in bed by 11.
Tuesday - I have to be at work 9:30-6, but typically am there 8:30-6. I try to run on my lunch break or I run home from work on Tuesday's. I either do laundry, run errands, or relax on Tuesday's (last night I went to the chiropractor which I think will be a Saturday thing in the future).
Wednesday - I work from 8:30-5, take the el home to get my car, go to class from 7-10 (sometimes I have to be there at 6 for a meeting before class). I get home by 10:30 and try to be in bed by 11.
Thursday - I work from 8:30-5, jump on the el, intern from 6-9ish, jump on the el to the bus, get home by 10, relax for a few, in bed by 11.
Friday - I have to be at work 9:30-6, but again, typically am there 8:30-6. I have been having plans after work on Friday's so I don't always get home at a normal hour. I also tend to drink more than I should on Friday nights.
Saturday - Errands in the morning or laundry in the morning (though it may turn into going to the chiropractor at 10). Intern from 12-6. Run errands, "free time"

So as you can see, Tuesday's and Friday's are the only weeknights I can be home for dinner. I've been trying to bring balance bars as my dinner for M, W, Th nights, but haven't always been remembering to do it. Plus, I don't really have time to eat at the hospital. I'm trying to run at lunch when I can, but the problem is, no shower...plus I have lots of last minute lunch meetings that get thrown at me. I added the chiropractor this week because I've been having lots of mild back and neck pain that I can't ignore anymore, and come to find out my right leg is functionally shorter than my left leg currently because my hips and back are out of whack. This makes running more than 4 or 5 miles painful, so I haven't even tried.

I could wake up a bit earlier in the morning to go running or do yoga or workout, but I'm having a hard time waking up. I'm trying to go to bed early, but I'm not home until 10 most nights, and I can't just go right to bed.

I don't know what to do...does anyone have any thoughts that could potentially help?

No comments:

Post a Comment