Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Updates on how to make a "Binders full of Women" costume

I have been working on my binders full of women costume. I ended up getting 3 pieces of black foam board, some black ribbon, duct tape, needle and thread and some wire.


I opted to make the binder as though it were vertical, like if you were taking it out of a bookshelf.

For now I'm using duct tape to put the pieces together. For now the are all still the same size, however, I think I am going to make the back piece smaller so that it is closer to the width of my body.

To help it stay up, I taped some ribbon on and then sewed the ribbon into place so that I can wear the ribbon. Right now it's too long but it can be adjusted.

Tape before sewing.


Sewed on the straps



First attempt done

I do plan on hiking the binder up and trying to make the backside smaller. I plan to wear a black dress underneath to hide the straps a bit. Also will use a marker to label it "binder full of women".

I still have some wire that I am going to try to use to create the "rings" inside the binder and then fill that with paper that has images of women on it.

So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment