Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Binder Full of Women" costume

It's two weeks before Halloween, and thanks to the Presidential Debates tonight, I have my costume idea...a binder full of women!

Now how to make it.

I am not very crafty, so my initial thought was to get some big cardboard boxes, paint them, put some huge pieces of paper in it with bios and pictures on women...or maybe get a group of my friends to join me in the cardboard box.

Another friend suggested foamcore. I haven't really worked with that before, but it can't be that hard.

In my mind I'm seeing a trapper keeper, I'm guessing that's because of the tumblr page. Since that is my image though, velcro would need to be involved as well.

Any other suggestions as to how to make this thing in 2 weeks with limited crafting experience? I really think it'll be cardboard.

**added 10:12pm CST**
After researching a bit more, I think that I will use the foamcore board.
2 large pieces of foamcore board
1 piece of fabric (to open and close the binder with)
velcro (to keep the fabric on the board)
large pieces of paper with images of women
tights (in the same color of the foam core board)
markers (to title the binder full of women)

I think I have it!

2 comments:

  1. I've spent the morning trying to figure out the logistics of creating a Binder Full of Women Halloween costume for my 19 month old daughter- very glad a friend sent me to your blog! It will be particularly poignant since my partner and I are not married, thus our daughter is one of those future AK-47 wielding children of unmarried couples. Perhaps that will be her additional prop?

    Post pictures as you construct!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted a new entry with pictures. I'd say I'm about half way done right now.

      http://flobear100.blogspot.com/2012/10/updates-on-how-to-make-binders-full-of.html

      Delete