Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Back on the running path

October 10, 2012 - day 2 in a row of running...well walk/running but 2 days in a row.

That used to be normal. I used to run 4-5 days a week. I was almost always training, and I loved always being in half marathon shape.

Then it happened, I lost my running mojo. It started off slowly, and I don't even know if I remember the exact date. The longer the mojo was missing, the harder it was to get it back. I kept racing, but it seemed more like a chore than a passion. With the exception of the Warrior Dash in June, the last actual race (just running no obstacles) was Thanksgiving, 2011. That is ridiculous! 

I tried to get the running bug back but it's not something that can be forced.

50 degrees...that's what did it.

I love the fall, and the bug came back a week ago, full on.

Rather than jumping back up to serious mileage, I read about getting back out there. There are tons of couch to 5k programs (C25K) out there, all following similar patterns. Start out with more walking than running to get you out there. I know that I could run more than I am, but right now, I want the routine back...the distance will come, the speed will come, I just need to get out there.

I did notice that besides the C25K programs, there was not much else out there about getting back on the path, so here we go.

I have run every distance from 5k to marathon, and I've completed sprint triathlons and 2 Warrior Dashes...and then nothingness. I want to follow through on my commitments. I want to be accountable...so guess what world, here comes the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment