Friday, October 26, 2012

C25K - Week 4, day 2

After being sick last week and then traveling...I took a bit over a week off from running. I did hike a beautiful mountain called Camels Hump in Vermont...and we went the long way around which included some pretty intense climbing for people who don't climb.

Here I am climbing on the edge over a few rocks with the view behind me.

This is the payoff at the top...loving that I can take panoramic shots now.


After my trip I did P90 with my husband and did lots of walking...so no running but was keeping active.

Since I was keeping active, I saw no reason to back track on my C25K program, so I skipped Week 3 day 3 and Week 4 day 1 and jumped right ahead as though I hadn't missed any training.

It was warm yesterday in Chicagoland...78 degrees or so when I started my run. I was not running very fast in light of this since I really prefer the 40s-60s for running at least right now.

The run was the 5 minutes warm up followed by 3 minutes running, 90 seconds walking, 5 minutes running and I believe 90 seconds walking again and then repeat. Yes I was running closer to my normal running pace (which is slowed down to 10 minute miles) but it felt good to hold the pace. I really have been thinking about jumping ahead in this program since my 5k is two weeks away, but I think I'll stick to this program until the 5k. I'll be able to run the entire 5k the way I'm feeling now, so long as it's not 90 degrees out.

No comments:

Post a Comment