Friday, May 2, 2014

Exhaustion

It's funny, I want to workout and when I do I have more energy, but I'm so exhausted all the time it's difficult to get motivated to workout.

Working out currently has a different meaning. A workout before would be a run, now it's a slow jog or the elliptical. Of course I still do yoga but even that has changed. My balance is already off a bit and I don't feel comfortable going to the classes that I used to go to, so I'm staying at home for my yoga. For the elliptical I love that on my lunch when I have the time and energy to do it. "Running" is so slow now. My heartrate is supposed to stay below 140...I keep it below 150 on runs right now. It's difficult (when running with my dogs) to keep it below 140. I try really hard though.

I feel so lazy, and I don't like feeling lazy. I'm really hoping that in the next week or two this "2nd trimester" energy emerges so that I can do more...like go plant my veggies in my garden. Of course, the fact that it was only in the 40s yesterday may have more to do with why I haven't planted things vs. the lack of energy thing.

At least the internet and work know about my pregnancy now so I don't need to fake it and I can just be open and honest about being exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment