Friday, May 16, 2014

All the things I have to do

It hit me today that there are a number of things that I (we) need to get working on that I didn't even consider! I was so excited about us getting pregnant that I haven't been doing too much forward thinking, which is odd because I'm a type-o obsessive type person, my husband has been rubbing off on me.

Last night while at a work event for my husband, one of his co-workers and I were chatting. She is a month ahead of us in this whole pregnancy thing. She is going to do a walk-thru of a daycare next week! This got me doing some research today and some places say you should start your search once you find out you're pregnant.

So we're behind the ball there. I did some research and it's hard to do research on day cares in your area! At least my normal methods (google and yelp) gave limited results. I'm trying to read up on the few in my area and there really is nothing I can do. There are two with websites, but one of those websites doesn't really have much information.

No where are prices or ranges listed. One place had testimonials. I have lots of phone numbers, that's what I have. I guess I'm going to have to call (what?) and talk with these people and setup visits and get referrals and call the referrals! I hadn't realized how lazy I had become and how much I don't like interacting with strangers (outside of work). It's scary though because I'm going to give my 10-12 week old child to this person and trust that they will be good to my child while I'm at work! I don't like the way that this is making me feel right now.

Moving on...furniture buying, we need to get on that, at least get on the narrowing it down list. We should order it by week 20...well I'm 15.5 weeks right now and we just started doing some online research. Looks like the next couple of weeks will involve going to look at furniture. But first we need to measure...and clean out the room that will become the nursery.

Another things to research...car seats. Who knows when I'm supposed to work on that part.

Oh and then there's putting together a registry if someone throws me a shower or if someone just wants to send us a gift. The shower thing is a sore subject for me right now...not going to go there!

It appears for a Friday afternoon I am quite cranky. Maybe it's because I'm scared and overwhelmed. I'm going to blare some Offspring while at the office for the last hour and hope that smacks it out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment