Wednesday, May 21, 2014

New rules...pregnancy edition

New rules for myself that I have learned in the past 18-20 hours or so.


  1. When gardening I must wear gloves. If I do not wear gloves, my arms will swell up and my legs get super splotchy and a little swollen.
  2. When I get a bug bite, I swell up much faster.
  3. When reading work email in the morning, step away after the first one irritates you. By reading all of the irritating emails at once, I was ready to go home by 8:22am. If I had spaced them out, maybe walked away for a moment, I don't think it would have made me as irritated.
  4. When going for a walk, bring water. I got so thirsty on the walk and downed 2 glasses when I was done.
  5. When going for a walk, at work, during lunch bring a change of clothes and a washcloth and deodorant. I was so sweaty and got super red on the walk, even though most of it was in the shade.
  6. Whenever going outside for more than 10 minutes, wear sunscreen. Again, I got super red, though some of it is going down, it's not all going away.
It's difficult to accept these changes. They may seem really small, and they are, but they keep piling up. I knew that pregnancy (and having a child) was going to change me. I knew that I would need to slow down and let go. I guess I just didn't realize how quickly I would have to start adapting to these new behaviors and routines.


No comments:

Post a Comment