Sunday, January 8, 2012

Detox days 5-7

I totally forgot to blog recently! I apologize...I will summarize.

Day 5
I started to feel really good and refreshed. I felt light and that my skin looked great. I worked out (P90 cardio) in the morning and then did yoga (Candlelight restorative) in the evening. I had enough energy for sure.
I switched over to banana for the morning shake and berries in the evening. I also got to switch to almond milk which I liked better, it wasn't as sweet (even though I had unsweetend for both).
Lunch was a never ending salad. 2 cups of lettuce/spinach mixture, 4 oz of baked chicken (with garlic, lime juice and cayenne pepper), 1/2 cup of quinoa, and 1/4 of an avocado

Day 6
Still feeling good, but wanting to just call it done. I think a bunch of that had to do with us ice skating outside and I really wanted some hot chocolate...tea wasn't cutting it 100%. Workout in the morning was P90 strength (as well as some cleaning of the apartment AND carrying the Christmas tree to the car over my head...we recycled our tree to be turned into mulch). We also (as I mentioned above) went ice skating for about an hour down at Millennium Park...so much fun.
Lunch for today was 3 ounces of chicken, 1/2 cup of lentils, 1/2 cup of quinoa, and a cup of sauteed/steamed kale (with onions and garlic). I added Braggs because I really am in need of taste. I also added the rest of the no sodium chicken broth.
I drank so much tea...I couldn't stop peeing at times! Oh and I did take the second epsom salt bath, which felt amazing (especially after being outside skating for so long...even though it wasn't really cold out, it was in the 40s).

Day 7 (thank goodness)
I am getting bored of this I think is the biggest problem. That and I'm just hungry. After 7 days of detoxing it's not surprising. My skin looks good, I feel good overall, just tired...drained. Again, I think it's because of the lack of calories and my normal working out (this morning was an hour of yogalates).
Lunch was eaten because I was so hungry, but it was not really appetizing. I was trying to use up what we had, and it tasted fine, but I think that was a bunch of mental pressure on my taste buds. I'm almost embarrassed to write it. 2 hard boiled eggs (eaten on their own), 1/2 cup of lentils, 1/2 cup of quinoa, 1 cup green beans, some sea salt, no salt beef bouillon , braggs on top. Really don't recommend that one, unless that's all you have on hand.
Now I'm just going to take some time to reflect on this (and plan to write about my reflection on here). We are going to take some pictures (since I'm viewing the end of the detox to be the beginning of my "diet"), and I'm going to enjoy some more tea.

I have decided that I am going to bring back black and green tea beginning tomorrow, and hold off on the coffee for a bit. Tomorrow is also going to be a vegetarian day. We have decided to have at least one vegetarian day a week, and a few other vegan and vegetarian meals throughout the week. It should be a good transition and I'm looking forward to the next steps of this adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment