Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Detox - day 2

Ugh, the headache has arrived!

You would think that with the detoxes I do I would remember that cutting out caffeine gives me a crazy headache and withdrawal symptoms...you would also think that would be enough incentive NOT to go back to drinking the caffeine!

Today is more difficult than yesterday...I am back at work. Apparently when I'm at work, I graze on food a bit...not happening here. I also ate my lunch in my car in the parking lot since I was a late day today. Tomorrow will be different and it will be a cold lunch.

One thing that the detox talks about is not heating foods in the microwave...so when I'm at work the rest of the week, salads with protein it is! Saturday and Sunday will be hot food.

I will state that the meal I ate today was delicious. I cooked up 2 TBSP of onion with 2 oz of chicken and 1/2 a lime (juice) plus a splash of cayenne pepper. Add to that 1 cup of black beans and a bit of sodium free chicken broth. Oh garlic, can't forget the garlic. I also added 2 cups of fresh spinach and 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice and let that all cook together for a bit (I did add a bit of cumin which the detox says spices are ok, but I think they are supposed to be fresh spices....whoops). When it was time to eat, I added 1/4 of an avocado. OMG yum! I think that will be a nice meal to add into my regular diet!

Also, did P90 strength this morning. Still doing well there, and tomorrow morning before work I will do the P90 cardio again.

My complaint right now is my headache...I'm getting crabby because of that (and because the system that allows us to do our job is down making for very PO'd people). Oh well.

Day 2 almost done, getting tougher.

No comments:

Post a Comment