Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 1 of Aster RAW Detox

I really think that calling this RAW is misleading. It is not a raw detox, since I just ate my one healthy meal and it was cooked, but moving on...

This morning I had my detox drops in water, which I could not taste at all. That was followed by my cup of hot water with 1/4 of a lemon and a dash of cayenne pepper. That wasn't so bad, but the pepper hit my throat in a weird way. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I was drinking that out on the walk with the puppy in the snow...that might have influenced the throat a bit (breathing in the snow and all).

Next was the morning smoothie and that tasted really good. 1/2 cup of rice milk, 1/2 cup of water, 2 scoops of the detox powder and 1/2 a cup of frozen berries.

Since I have today off I took advantage and did laundry, that way I'm getting out and doing stuff and not thinking about how I haven't "eaten" anything. Post laundry brought on workout time. My fiance and I started P90 today, cardio for day 1. I'm hoping that we can make it all 90 days and then move to P90X, but one day at a time right now. Anyway, that was about 40 minutes of warming up, cardio and ab work.

Next up, more detox drops in water, again, flavorless.

Shower, doing the hydrotherapy. That I need to find a better way to do...I made the water too cold I think. I was only able to do 2 cycles, but I will try again.

Lunchtime was delicious. I roasted up some kale and some brussel sprouts. I added a bit of sea salt and cayenne pepper and some fresh garlic. Next up, chicken! Lime juice, dill and chicken cooked up in the oven. Also 1/2 a cup of brown rice with some braggs on it, and a tsp of olive oil. All of that with a cup of herbal tea...it was yummy.

More drops to come and then another shake for dinner...I'm also going to have a cup of no sodium broth I can tell.

I think tomorrow or possibly Wednesday will be the toughest days, but I will make it through and provide you with all of the fun withdraw symptoms.

I've been drinking lots of water today, so increase in running to the restroom for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment