Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 4 - including the fruit fast!

What an incredible journey this experience has been so far. On Friday I had an emotional break through, though it was assisted by some wine. I was finally able to let go, step out of my comfort zone, and remove the rocks. I talked about a topic with my boyfriend that I have been trying to for months and just could not...finances. That to me is the hardest discussion, so tough that I had a panic attack prior to talking about it. Thankfully, I let go, and finally had the discussion, and now things are so much better. So much weight has been lifted.

I also was able to check in with my yoga mentor and discuss where I am at with this journey. I feel so much lighter than I was 22 days ago. Meditating is becoming something that I look forward to, that time for myself. This morning meditation was increased to 20 minutes and I ended up doing 25! It was not an issue at all and I enjoyed those 5 extra minutes. I will admit, it is difficult at 20 minutes to not switch into a dream state...staying present is so important, but a challenge.

The fruit cleanse is happening now. I have done fruit & veggie cleanses for 3 days in the past, and have the detox symptoms for sure. I guess because I have done fruit & veggie in the past, that is what I assumed this was. I was wrong. This is a fruit only cleanse. So what have I done today? Looked up what people mistake as vegetables and they are really fruit. This way, I can incorporate some of what I bought for the veggie part. I am also going to pick up a few other items that I did not think about. Eggplant, zucchini, more tomatoes...this does not have to be a raw fruit cleanse :) I also have looked up some new recipes and plan to make one cold soup, just not sure which one yet.

So for those of you who are thinking about this...here is a quick list of more savory fruits

Avocado
Cucumber
Eggplant
Green beans
Peas
Peppers
Pumpkin
Squash (including zucchini)
Tomatoes

What have I eaten so far/what is my plan to eat?
Breakfast - pineapple, strawberry, banana smoothie
Snacks & Lunch - grapes, clementines, orange
Dinner - avocado, tomato, cucumber salad

Tomorrow
Breakfast: Strawberries, melon
Snacks & Lunch - grapes, orange, clementines
Dinner - Cucumber Mango Soup OR Tomato-Chipotle Soup (with fresh peach salsa)

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Another smoothie
Snacks & Lunch: Left over soup, orange, grapes
Dinner - eggplant, zucchini, tomato cooked up

Coming off of the fast
Breakfast - green smoothie
Lunch - roasted veggies
Dinner - sauteed greens and quinoa pilaf

Of course, I'm coming off of the fast on Cinco De Mayo, so I may switch up the dinner slightly to include beans and guacamole :)

As for the practice itself...my yoga is so strong. I am connected with my breath, and I look forward to practicing each day. I ran a 5k yesterday and though it brought me joy, it was slightly different. Of course, I really do need to give myself that one full day of rest...this upcoming week for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment