Thursday, May 5, 2011

Feeling amazing on day 25!

Wow...just wow. A three day fruit fast really can knock you all over the place, but I feel incredible today. I lost 5 pounds over the three days which is mostly water I know...but it's a time of the month where I hold onto lots of water, so there might actually be more to come off. My skin looks amazing, I feel very clear headed, aware, strong, light, happy, carefree. I am a bit tired still, but I think tomorrow that tiredness will go away. It doesn't help that the puppy likes to wake me up at 3:30am this week.

I did "cheat" slightly last night. The tomato and eggplant dinner I made myself needed some spice. I added crushed red pepper, fresh basil, garlic, salt & pepper (not much salt). That was delicious. I'm excited to eat it tomorrow over some vegetable pasta..and maybe add more basil and a touch of mozzarella :) Who knows though, I might stay vegan for a bit longer. Today is an all vegan day to transition from only fruit to more foods. Of course I have a ton of food that I'm going to eat, or so it seems.

How did I transition this morning? A vega energy bar, chocolate flavor, that tasted delicious. I had another flavor during my vegan month that I did not like very much, but this chocolate one gets a win from me. I also had some vega whole food replacement shake (chocolate as well) this morning. The two together gave me 350 calories so a good breakfast and snack, though I had them a bit close to each other for breakfast and snack, but that's ok. Lunch will be roasted vegetables...I have been looking forward to these since Monday when I started (since I thought initially this was a fruit & vegetable fast, but no, just fruit). My roasted veggies: carrot, parsnips, brussel sprouts, broccoli, tomato, garlic...in a word, YUMMY! In honor of Cinco de Mayo, for dinner the bf is making taco rice, and I will be having rice n beans with red pepper and some roasted or sauteed kale on the side. So yes, vegan for today and maybe tomorrow, but we'll see.

I can't believe how great I feel though, it's really amazing. No bloating at all right now, skin is shining and just overall I feel light.

In my morning practice, I was concerned because my knee was bothering me on my walk with the pup...once I was on my mat I was fine and I paid close attention to my alignment. All of the sudden I realized how strong I was with my high to low plank, my side plank, and holding my positions. Holding low plank was really exciting since I felt as though I was in perfect alignment and holding it just fine. I've finally arrived to that level in my practice...whatever that level is.

My meditations are not going as well as everything else, but I am trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment