Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 29 of 40 where I'm at

Well, I've been an emotional journey and I still have 11 days to go. I've lost about 7 pounds, not to mention the inches of toning that have happened. So physically I'm pretty excited about how I'm looking. Emotionally I let go of a ton yesterday. We ended up building a fire in our outdoor fire pit, and I wrote down a number of things that had been stuck within me for years due to one individual. I then tore up those items and threw them, one by one, into the fire. After which the smoke washed over us which I felt refreshing. Later in the evening the pain came out of what I had done...a last attempt at the past taking over me...and I let it go.

Of course, letting go of trauma and difficult things can leave you with an emotional hangover the next time...which is where I am at right now. I want to be at home, allowing myself to mourn the part of myself that I let go...but that's the thing, what I let go of was a part of me that was holding me back, so why mourn it? Celebrate and move forward. I hope to do that later today...after work and after my yoga practice. I was supposed to go support a friend who is on her own emotional journey, but I let her know I was not in the right place mentally to be supportive this evening (there will be others there) but I offered to be supportive tomorrow and the rest of the week. I need to take care of myself...and I'm taking steps towards that.

In regards to my practice, I FINALLY really took yesterday as a rest day (physically) and enjoyed the sunshine. Yes, I went for walks with the puppy, but that was it for exercise. I laid out in the sun, crocheted a bit, spent time with my friend, enjoyed some wine, and just relaxed the majority of the day away (aside from the big emotionally letting go).

The diet...I do really well following it until Saturday night...and on Sunday it's a free for all. I did have some alcohol and coffee on Sunday which I'm guessing I should not have done that soon after the fast, but I did. This week the focus is still on whole foods, but incorporating minerals. I have tofu to make stir fry with, tonight will be fish and a salad...and just need to focus on good solid whole foods with lots of vitamins and minerals. Of course, on Friday evening I won't be following that rule 100% since we have an outing at Cook au Vin which has been in the works for months. More on that to come later in the week.

I have found that on warm days, my comfort food and drink are frozen yogurt and iced coffee. This is a big improvement from the past...and though I am going to focus on the reduction of coffee, I love coffee, and while it takes minerals away, I'm going to allow myself that indulgence.

I am a strong person and I am becoming more enlightened each day thanks to this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment