Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 24 of 40...and day 3 of 3 for the fruit fast

Whoa...a 3 day fruit fast and it's almost complete. Yesterday was tough but today seems to be going well. I have found a number of fruits that I thought were vegetables, so it made it eating fruits much easier this week.

Dates are the most filling fruit that I have eaten. I love dates, and I've been eating about 4 dates a day (the big medjool dates), maybe 6 dates. Oranges have been yummy, strawberries and grapes as well. My favorite find was my cucumber mango soup (chilled) though the tomato and chipotle soup was good as well, and tasted good hot.

As for my practice, I feel very strong with my yoga practice. I am wanting to go back to the studio more frequently but right now I'm going to try and go on Friday and Saturday since I overslept this morning but I managed to get my practice in at home...just not at the studio. I'm ok with that.

I really feel so much more relaxed and lighter. I'm not as reactive as I used to be. I'm much more go with the flow. I just feel happier over all...and less stressed. I love me...I really am beginning to love me. So much has left my chest and I just enjoy each moment so much more than I thought possible. I'm smiling as I write this and it's genuine.

Enough sappy stuff...Recipes? Of course.
Source:
http://community.yogajournal.com/_Triumph-for-40-Days-to-Personal-Revolution/blog/225545/25925.html

Chilled Mango and Cucumber Soup Gourmet | August 2002

2 mangoes, peeled and pitted (2 pounds total)
2 seedless cucumbers (usually plastic-wrapped; 1 1/2 pounds total)
3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion - I did not use
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro - I did not use

Finely chop 1 mango and 1 cucumber and set aside. Coarsely chop remaining mango and cucumber and purée with 1/4 cup water in a blender until almost smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in finely chopped mango and cucumber, onion, lime juice, and 2 cups cold water. Place bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stir until cool.

Cooks' note:
·Soup can also be chilled in the refrigerator until cold, but it will take about 2 hours


Tomato-Chipotle Soup with Fresh Peach Salsa Bon Appétit | August 2000
(Note, I did not make the peach salsa since I could not find any peaches)

Yield: Makes 4 servings
ingredients
2 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped (about 6 cups)
1 cup (about) tomato juice
4 tablespoons chopped onion - did not use
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro - did not use
2 teaspoons (or more) chopped canned chipotle chilies* - I used 2 hole chilies
1 garlic clove, minced

1 ripe peach, peeled, pitted, diced (did not make)
1 teaspoon minced jalapeño chili (did not make)

Reserve 1 cup chopped tomatoes for peach salsa. Place remaining tomatoes in processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to 2-quart glass measuring cup. Add enough tomato juice to puree to equal 5 cups tomato mixture. Place 2 cups tomato mixture in blender. Add 2 tablespoons onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 2 teaspoons chipotle chilies and garlic to blender. Puree until very smooth. Stir puree back into tomato mixture in measuring cup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more chopped chipotles, if desired. Cover; refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep soup chilled. Cover reserved chopped tomatoes and chill.)

Mix reserved chopped tomatoes, remaining 2 tablespoons onion and 1 tablespoon cilantro, peach and jalapeño in small bowl. Ladle tomato soup into bowls. Sprinkle with peach salsa; serve.

*Chipotle chilies canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.

nutritional information
Per serving: calories, 43; total fat, 0; saturated fat, 0; cholesterol, 0
Nutritional analysis provided by Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment