Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Morning sickness followed by hungry food monster

For the past couple of weeks I have had moderate morning sickness. I rarely get the relief of throwing up, I just have constant nausea. In the morning it's bad because I wait too long to eat. I know this, yet I haven't changed my pattern. I get up, shower, get dressed, take the dogs for a walk, get lunch ready, then eat breakfast. What I should do is: get up, eat a cookie (Tate's Gluten Free Ginger Zinger to be exact), shower, etc. Yesterday though on my drive home, I smelled food and needed food. I wanted to eat everything! So instead of having a healthy dinner, I caved and we had wings and gf pizza...and I ate and ate and ate (5 wings and 1/4 of a pizza). I was so happy to be eating.

I also had some of my Ben & Jerry's...they are wonderful (I actually met them and they are very nice) they created these "core" ice creams, and Peanut Butter Fudge Core is for me a pregnant girls dream come true!

A moment of relief and I took full advantage of it. Of course that morning I had weighed myself (I was feeling fat) and saw I was about the same weight or possibly lost a pound or two...so I allowed the indulgence. Amazing what cutting out wine does to a person *lol*

Anyway, aside from the morning sickness (that is worse in the evening for me) I had been having a hard time sleeping. I'm a little better the past two days, but I still don't make it the entire night. Between that "I have to pee" middle of the night wake up, being too hot or too cold, not getting comfortable, and cramps/pressure in my belly I just can't sleep. Sometimes I wake up and I don't know why either. I'm working on it though.

Earlier this week (March 18) I got to see the little tic tac again. He/She had grown so much in a week! This time the size of a cooked piece of rice and you could see the shape of a head and a bottom...and the egg sac. I can't believe how quickly things happen. The heartbeat also was up to 139 which is exactly where it should be...so yay!!!

I go back to the fertility center two more times next week. Monday for another ultrasound and blood work (still on progesterone supplements) and Thursday for my exit interview with the doctor. Then the following Monday (31) it's off to see the OB. I'm going to see if I can use both an OB and a midwife because I really want a midwife to be involved. I feel as though they understand differently. I'm weird I know.

I can't wait to post these blogs...a few more weeks before the world gets to know though. As of today I am 7 and a half weeks (7 weeks 4 days or 7W4D).


(Originally written: March 21, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment