Friday, December 24, 2010

Holiday fun

My parents have arrived from the east coast and we have started celebrating the holidays. My boyfriends parents arrived as well. Yesterday was a very fun day, and today has even more fun in store.

Yesterday, my folks arrived, we brought stuff upstairs and then relaxed with some lunch. It was then off for a mani-pedi which was quite relaxing and enjoyable. I brought them to the huge Whole Foods in Lincoln Park and they were amazed. Next was home to relax a bit more before heading out to see the Zoo Lights. We met up with the bf's family and saw all the lights. We tried seeing some animals, but they were all sleeping. My Mom was quite upset that the animals were asleep, but we did find some birds and a bunny that were awake, they just weren't zoo animals.

Everyone came over to enjoy some of the homemade lasagna I made...two different types. Meat (my Nana's ravioli stuffing turned into a lasagna) and veggie (with spinach and sun dried tomatoes). Lots of cocktails were enjoyed as well, but a very lovely evening indeed!

This morning, my Mom and I had a lovely walk. We even went into this beautiful church and talked with a patron who taught us all about Russian Orthodox.

Now we are waiting for a cab. My parents next present is a surprise to them, and I'm hoping they enjoy it. Tea at the Drake on Christmas Eve....I can't think of anything better...and I'm sure there will be lots of observations to report afterwards.

Tonight we go over to the bf's sister's condo and have dinner there. Tomorrow brings more holiday fun, but right now I'm just waiting for our cab and hope to get a very happy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment