Sunday, April 25, 2010

True friends, true colors

I have had a number of things happen over the past year. I have had very limited time available for myself let alone my friends. I have had a family emergency (with the bf's family), found out I needed surgery and have had said surgery, all while working more and more hours at work and interning 20 hours a week...plus my final classes in graduate school.

Throughout it all I have found friends in the strangest of places AND have found that you cannot always depend on the people you thought you could.

One person I thought was a friend, truly is not. The day of my surgery they wondered why I couldn't go and meet them, but they did not want to come and meet me. This is the same person who did see me in the hospital last year when I was hit but was most curious about me getting a room with a view. That person has not really checked in on met at all...and is frustrated that my schedule is not open enough for me to go do what they want to do. I think we are both deciding that we're not really friends anymore.

Other people on the other hand are really showing me that they want to be my friends. Reaching out to me via multiple formats, hanging out and understanding my lack of time to do so but happy to have anytime with me.

Then there are the people who really are my friends...they just keep showing me that they love and care for me. Teasing me, excited when I have a spare moment to say hi, making plans for when this experience is over and helping me stay sane.

Ok, that's enough bitching...back to hockey!

No comments:

Post a Comment