Monday, May 10, 2010

Let's just keep it in perspective

I had a fantastic three day weekend this past weekend. I haven't had a real weekend in months and I realized that in two months, I will have real weekends again.

Taking some time off and enjoying myself made me realize I need to do that more often. I also need to speak up and do what I want to do. So to start things off, I am going to take a real vacation this fall. I have two months of interning left, a graduation party to plan and have, a few weeks left of classes after that...and then I'm going to just be for a while.

This fall the BF and I need to go away, just the two of us. Everyone I've talked to seems to agree with this statement, and here I thought everyone would be upset! I'm really excited about this get away, even though it's 4-5 months away...my guess is the next 2 months are going to fly by which will really help.

I also realized that I put way too much pressure on myself and think that I really do need to do so many things for other people. Everyone once and a while I need to just do something for myself...and in 2 months I'll have lots more time for that.

Amazing what a few days off can do for ones' perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment