Saturday, May 29, 2010

Being snubbed in the age of the internets

So I realize that I may have been snubbed today...and I'm reading between the lines...with what I want to see I suppose. Is it a bit negative? Absolutely, I haven't been snubbed like this in years. I thought I was past this.

The problem with being snubbed in the age of the internet is being able to see what you missed. Feeling like it's thrown in your face. Then making sure you don't do the same thing by going on a rant or being all high school. Was I slightly? Unfortunately yes. I played the passive aggressive game of stating I felt insulted by a friend and placing it in a social media platform.

Man...I don't know how anyone will survive high school now with the internet. I'm having a hard enough time not feeling like I'm in high school and I'm 30!

I'm usually very careful about what I put on the internet, but sometimes, my emotions take control of me and I play the passive aggressive game. I need to confront better or address situations better, rather than play the passive aggressive, use the internet as a game tool.

At least I can be vague right? To the next generation, good luck, life with the internet and social media may sting a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment