Saturday, June 5, 2010

I have so much on my plate right now, yet I ignore some of the most important. Relationship stuff. I know, we all have relationship issues. Mine right now is essentially ignoring the warning signs and issues and just believing that the love is enough. I saw that in myself today and said no. I re-entered my apartment and went to my SO. That opened up the door that needed to be opened. Unfortunately, now he is in the other room sleeping, while I am here thinking and typing.

Why do we run away from the issues that are closest to our hearts? Is it a societal thing? Generational? Gender? Just me? I don't know. What I do know is that I need to prioritize or reprioritize what's going on with me. How does one do that? Lists, thinking, watching silly movies and making comparisons to my life...at some point I'll be able to identify what's most important.

What do I want to do? Sneak away with said SO and have a grand ol' time together...forgetting about the troubles of each day, and just enjoying what we have. Just thinking about that helps to remind me of what's important.

So to anyone who actually reads this blog...remember...keep those who you love closest to you in your heart and in your life. And as a wise person told me in class this week (thanks Lauren), "don't love your job more than it loves you".

No comments:

Post a Comment