Sunday, January 6, 2013

Running and cycling and juicing oh my!

The husband and I have decided to challenge ourselves to working out everyday in January. Some of the workouts are more about fun than working out...but it's about moving and being healthy. For example, we went ice skating yesterday for over an hour and a half. We had so much fun, we love skating, and that's the longest we've gone at one time. Hopefully we can go a few more times this season since we really do love it.

We've also been using our bike trainer, almost daily. It's nice since we just jump on and watch a sitcom and then we're done. We've also been doing DVDs together. I have gone on two runs this week...that's a solo project since I signed up for an 8k at the end of March/beginning of April. I do enjoy running, but today was rough with the windchill at 18 degrees and all...I still went over a 5k and felt good...just wanted to warm up quickly afterwards so I rode for 25 minutes or so.

The juicing has been going well. I've made some juices I will not make again and plenty that I really enjoy. We're going to keep experimenting this week. Good juices include carrot, orange, pineapple, spinach...apple, pineapple, carrot....cucumber, orange, carrot. Bad was cucumber lemon in water...it works but the water to juice ratio needs to be right...and I think that's more of a summer thing.

This week we add experimenting with collards, celery and ginger...we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment