Thursday, January 17, 2013

19 days and counting

Remember when I did those 40 days of yoga? I do...I may even do it again...but right now the husband and I have decided to workout everyday in January...only I started on the 31st so today was day 19. When I did 40 days of yoga, it was 6 days a week of yoga with 1 day of rest. When I trained for marathons you had a day of rest in there too...today I felt why. I'm exhausted!

Not like I need to sleep exhausted, but my legs are dead, my arms are sore and my brain isn't even working! This morning I opted for yoga as my workout. I had planned on running but the way my legs felt I listened to my body and did some vinyasa. Yoga is such a great release for me. My arms are sore but feel more refreshed and my legs are feeling better. I'm hoping to get a run or two in this weekend (before the frigid cold front comes through with a high of 10 on Monday).

This workout goal is helping me get through a tough month at work and reminding me that I'm stronger than I think I am...the hubby too. Plus, when I am able to get out there and run, it feels fantastic! The bike trainer is a great addition to our home too...instead of just doing a DVD we also do 20-30 minutes on the bike (or use our step to do stepper stuff) so we're doing great and almost a hour a day...go us!

Challenges are a great thing to remind us how we really don't give ourselves enough credit...19 days down and after my yoga refresh I think tomorrow will be another short workout then really long ones over the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment