Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Vegan experiment conclusion

I made it all 30 days of my vegan experiment/challenge. How do I feel? What did I learn?

I feel great. I find I have been sleeping more soundly and a bit longer, but that could also be due to working out 5-7 days a week.

I ended up losing about 6 pounds during this month with only calorie counting during the last week of the experiment to see what I was at.

I learned that going vegan is not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I also found that roasting vegetables is easy and delicious. Making seitan is easy and tastes good and is much less expensive them buying it at the store! I found that some recipes are awesome and some not so much. I learned how not all sugar is vegan, not all wine is vegan, most beer is vegan, most bagels are vegan, clif builder bars are amazing energy food for a run, kale is tasty, vegan peanut butter cookies rock. That's just some of the great things that I learned.

I have made the decision to stay vegetarian and continue experimenting with vegan recipes for a while. I may go back to eating other things, but I feel really good right now and I'd like to stick with being vegetarian for a bit longer. I'm excited about experimenting with different foods more and continuing to enjoy many of the benefits of a vegan lifestyle, but by being a vegetarian, I'm thinking I'll have an easier time getting protein than I have been...plus the bf said he has no problem cooking vegetarian for me, but he has worries about vegan cooking...so I wouldn't mind him cooking for me again :)

I'm very glad I did this experiment, and I'll post any new finds in the future, but thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment