Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sugar is not my friend

When am I going to learn that my old ways of coping are no longer the things that are helpful to me? I mean, not that they were helpful before but they were disguised that way.

I'm having a rough day...I keep crying which I hate to do at work, but I can't seem to knock it off. I ate my lunch late (which doesn't help) even though I was hungry early.

What did I do? I ate a total of 6 pieces of chocolate over 2 hours...and I had a belly ache but mostly I feel jittery and the carb/sugar monster is making me think I'm hungry which I am not.

Chocolate and sugar just don't "fix" me the way they used to.

What I should have done was gone for a walk, gotten more water or tea, and just stepped away...instead I went for an old habit.

I will learn from this and I am writing about it so that I will remember to learn from this.

I will workout after work today and I will go for a run as well because that is what will help me...not stuffing myself with sugar but getting my endorphins going.

No comments:

Post a Comment