Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Starting up again

Wow, major fail for the end of 2009 and beginning of 2010 in blogging. Things have just been so crazy and hectic. Trying to find a balance has been difficult to say the least.

My goals for the next few months keep changing. I find it amusing that part of my counseling role is to help people define goals and steps to achieve them, yet I keep reorganizing my own goals. Practice what you preach I suppose.

I've found that I truly am at a turning point in my life. I'm struggling to continue finding inspiration at my work place. The closer I get to the halfway point of my internship, the more I wish I could just focus on that, get it over, and get a job in my new career. I understand that is not an option. I also understand that the world will not be perfect for me once I embark on this new career.

I currently sit at 334.5 of the 700 hours that I need. By the end of this week I will have hit the 350 hour mark...halfway. I have so many hours each week now that the second half will go by faster than the first half. I also took the department exam this past Saturday. The DPE is a requirement at my school, cumulative exam of everything I've learned in grad school. I believe I passed, but will find out in less than 2 weeks. Come April (17th to be exact) I have an exam that is double the length of the DPE to get my certification. The NCE (National Counseling Exam) is required in IL to get your state license. This is how close I am.

Come May I need to take one more class and finish up my internship hours. I'm averaging about 20 hours a week right now, 17.5 more weeks after this week and I'm complete...so in June, I need to slow down my hours to last until the end of July. And here I was worried about even getting to 700 hours!

See, even when I was planning on discussing the work stuff, the internship stuff takes over. I'm in such a weird place in my life right now...but that's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment