Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Frazzled

I had an odd incident happen this morning as I was leaving my house and it's left me a bit frazzled.

I was backing out of my driveway, slowly. I had a bit of condensation on my car and the sun was directly behind me so it was a bit difficult to see out my back window. As always I checked for people on the sidewalk...nothing. I checked for a car on the street...nothing. All of the sudden, boom. I had backed into someone who had pulled into my driveway.

I got out and checked that he was ok and that I was ok and that the cars were ok. They all were since I was going maybe 5 mph but more like 2 mph.

What has me more frazzled was the other drivers reaction. Totally on the defensive that he had just delivered a paper across the street and was using my driveway to turn around. In the moment I was fine with it, but now I'm kind of pissed about this entire thing. It's fine that you use my driveway, but when you see that I'm backing up out of my driveway, maybe don't use my driveway, or maybe wait until I'm done backing up out of my driveway. My guess is that he didn't see that I was backing up because when he finished his turning around he gunned it down the street (it's a 25mph zone and he was gone so fast he had to be going 35/40).

Now yes, I'm super sensitive right now, and I yelled in the car when it happened because it shocked me (he came out of no where) and my belly tightened a bit (fight or flight of course) but really why was that guy so defensive and did he even see me? That's more concerning to me right now.

Of course I'm also worried about my driving skills now...am I too pregnant to drive? Too much doubt comes to mind :(

No comments:

Post a Comment