Tuesday, June 7, 2011

People are in their own little bubbles

I find the more that I drive and ride my bike, that people in cars tend to be in their own little bubbles. They do not see when cars are next to them, in front of them or behind them (in general). They are too busy jamming to some tunes (or more likely) talking on the phone rather than paying attention to the road.

The few that are paying attention seem to be getting frustrated with those who are not paying attention and building their road rage against other drivers and (unfortunately) cyclists.

I notice this more when riding my bike typically, though I am starting to see this behavior while driving as well. I must admit that I allow road rage to start building within me, but I remind myself that there is nothing I can do about another persons behavior, and I find my breathe. That is easier in a car than on my bike though...especially when people buzz me...even more when I'm 99% sure they see me and still buzz me. That's part of city riding though.

No comments:

Post a Comment